I got tagged by Chris Wilson for the “8 Things You May Not Know About Me” meme. Since most of you know I like Seinfeld, I am going to use this show to help me out:
- I started watching Seinfeld only about 4 years ago.
- George Costanza on the telephone – “Oh, hello, Mr. Vandelay? Would you like to buy a computer? Oh, really? Two dozen?” I think I can beat George’s effort of trying to sell computers over the telephone. Many moons ago, I tried to sell light bulbs over the phone. As you can imagine, it was a very hard sell (don’t try that at home kids).
- “Would you believe when I was 18, I had a silver dollar collection?” – Frank Constanza. I also had a silver dollar collection growing up. My Grandma lives in Las Vegas and after visiting her each summer she would give us kids a silver dollar. (I knew we were a handful, but paying us to leave I always thought was a bit much :)).
- “Thick lustrous hair is very important to me.” – George Costanza (who is bald or “balding”). I have been blessed with thick, lustrous hair. In fact, I need to get it thinned when I get a haircut (I hope this continues).
- “You’re looking at the new Santa at Coleman’s Department store.” – Cosmo Kramer. I once played Santa at a private preschool. It was loads of fun and I felt like a rock star (but without the trashing of any hotel rooms).
- “I’ve never had a really good pickle.” – Jerry Seinfeld I love dill pickles – but not on sandwiches, only by themselves. Dill flavored potato chips are nice as well.
- Elaine Benes – “I feel like just going over there and taking some food off somebody’s plate.” Jerry Seinfeld – “I’ll tell you what, there’s 50 bucks in it for you if you do it.” Some time ago, someone bet me $5 that I could not eat a medium pizza in less than 5 minutes. I won and they paid up (but I paid for it later in the bathroom).
- “Why couldn’t you have made me an architect? You know I always wanted to pretend that I was an architect.” – George Constanza. I wanted to be an architect as well. I switched my major to marketing halfway through college. I never was good at Physics so I guess its best that I stay away from building anything that may fall down.
So there you have it, 8 things you probably didn’t know about me. (I just realized that 2 of my 8 things involve food – it must be lunchtime). Gotta run!
Filed under: Random |