This may be a typical conversation in a personal relationship:
Person A: I’m not sure that you love me anymore.
Person B: I tell you all the time that I love you.
Person A: You say that you love me but I want you to show me that you love me.
Person B: How can I do that?
Person A: You can start by… (a long list is given)
A customer/company relationship is one where you must also show your customers that you love them. Advertising and other marketing collateral alone is only telling them. To show them, you must:
- demonstrate that you understand what “value” means to them.
- never slack on the little things (because there are no little things).
- astonish them once in awhile.
- write them a “love letter” telling them what they mean to you.
- think about them more then you think about your company.
- talk to them.
What else can we do to keep the love alive?