After yesterday’s post, I though it would be fair to include some of mom’s sayings that do translate into good marketing advice:
- I don’t care what everyone else is doing. I only care about what you are doing. Focus on your customers and not what everyone else is up to.
- I just want what is best for you. Do the things that are in the best interest of your customers. A little heart goes a long way.
- If all your friends jumped off a bridge, would you jump off too? Following what others have done may seem easy, but it most certainly will lead to your own demise.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. Talent may come in many assuming forms.
- How do you know you won’t like it unless you try it? Encourage innovation and “stretching” of your employees beyond what is comfortable.
- Did you finish your homework? Do your homework on your customers, your employees and their changing worlds.
- Don’t forget to put on clean underwear in case you are in an accident. Don’t make a business “accident” worse by not proactively preparing for a better outcome.